Cataracts are an extremely common eye disease. Starting around age 40, the risk of developing cataracts increases with each passing decade. By the age of 75, 50 percent of Americans will develop a cataract.
Signs and symptoms of cataracts include:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing ‘halos’ around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
At first, the cloudiness in your vision caused by a cataract may affect only a small part of the eye’s lens and you may be unaware of any vision loss. As the cataract grows larger, it clouds more of your lens and distorts the light passing through the lens. This may lead to signs and symptoms you’re more likely to notice.
The Importance of Nutrition
Researchers have linked eye-friendly nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants and vitamins to reducing the risk of certain eye diseases, possibly even cataracts. Doctor’s Advantage Daily Shield Whole Body Multivitamin was formulated with a blend of powerful antioxidants to help fight free radical damage and strengthen your immune system to promote optimal health. To learn more about this product click HERE