Macular Shield ™
Macular Shield™ Zinc FreeSHARE
Macular Shield™ Zinc Free contains AREDS 2 ingredients excluding zinc and copper. This product should be purchased by individuals with sensitivity to zinc or who have undergone genetic testing and this product was recommended by their doctor.
Click here to learn more about the clinically effective AREDS 2 study.
Interested in FREE Shipping? Sign up for Auto-Ship. Click here for details.
AutoShip - 3 Month Supply ADD TO CART
AutoShip - 6 Month Supply ADD TO CART
Contains AREDS 2 ingredients, excluding zinc and copper.
Offers powerful antioxidant nutrients.
10 mg of high quality FloraGLO Lutein (5%).
No artificial flavoring, sweetener, or coloring.
No sugar or starch.
Take two gelcaps twice daily, preferably with meals.
How do I know if I have Macular Degeneration?
Your eye doctor will examine your retina and macula (the central part of the retina) during routine eye exams to determine if there have been any changes to your eye. If so, your doctor may perform additional tests including the Amsler grid.
The Amsler grid is a tool that eye doctors use to detect vision problems resulting from damage to the macula or the optic nerve. Damage may be caused by macular degeneration or other eye diseases for which the Amsler grid is useful in detecting.
If you're at risk for macular degeneration or other eye diseases, you can use this chart at home to monitor your vision. Because you can easily miss signs that only a trained eye care practitioner will find, using the chart doesn't mean you can skip regular visits to your eye doctor.
Click here to download a copy of the Amlser grid
Here's how to use the grid:
- Test your eyes under normal room lighting used for reading.
- Wear eyeglasses you normally wear for reading even if you only wear store-bought reading glasses.
- Hold the Amsler grid approximately 14-16 inches from your eyes.
- Cup your hand over one eye while testing the other eye.
Keep your eye focused on the dot in the center of the grid and answer these questions:
- Do any of the lines in the grid appear wavy, blurred or distorted?
- Do all of the boxes in the grid look square and the same size?
- Are there any missing or dark areas in the grid?
- Can you see all corners and sides of the grid while keeping your eye on the central dot?
- Switch to the other eye and repeat.
IMPORTANT: Report any abnormalities to your eye doctor as soon as possible. Mark areas of the Amsler grid that you're not seeing properly and bring the grid with you on your next visit to the eye doctor.